Sunday 11 August 2013

ANDREW KNIGHT

I was lucky. When I finished university I was offered a job by the local evening paper and sent on a first-class training course where all the costs were met by my employer.
Nowadays such opportunities are rare - and with thousands of young people expressing interest in media careers, competition to get into the industry has never been stiffer, despite the huge range of new opportunities opened up by digital, video, cable and satellite broadcasting.
My main concern is that many aspiring journalists are forced to spend many thousands of pounds on their journalism training BEFORE finding out whether they are really suited to jobs in journalism.
I hope the website provides one way of helping you to make the best possible choice of course that is right for you.
My full CV can be seen on the right. Whether or not you choose to take up one of our short introductory courses, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you every success in a career where jobs can be as rewarding and exciting as they are challenging.
Good luck! And remember that if you have any queries, any advice offered is free and without obligation.
All the best
Andrew Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment